1.wild orchid-whew! this was a scorcher. i saw this in theatres when i was only 14 & remembered it fondly. everything about this film was hot. carre otis looked beautiful & once handsome mickey rourke (though really showing his age & looking kinda silly in all that make-up) really looked great together on the screen. two enthusiastic thumbs up!
2. poison ivy-ok, so i wasn't thrilled about drew barrymore getting it on with tom skerritt here but i think the sex scenes were well done. they were slick, seductive, & almost made me feel dirty but i had a good time nonetheless. this was a favorite of mine in high school.
3. bound-the wachowski brothers did make a fairly sexy film noir before bequeathing the matrix trilogy. gina gershon & jennifer tilly really smoked up the screen here but everything was tastefully done. who says women can't have lotsa fun too?
4. crimes of passion-kathleen turner's most overlooked performance with some top-notch steam. ken russell's dark, poignant exploration of eroticism with bravo performances by kathleen turner & anthony perkins. a bit of underrated brilliance which never really received the credit it was due.
5. sex and lucia-julio medem's beautiful but complex masterpiece. very erotic! paz vega is luminous & the scenes of passion evoke much, er, passion for great film-making.
6. bolero- bo derek's most controversial film ever! the love scenes are beautiful, the scenery is attractive, & naturally we love watching bo but somehow the film is nothing really special. in fact, the script is rather silly & the film tends to drag a bit.
7. the piano-jane campion's classic featuring holly hunter engaging in very sensual lovemaking scenes with a less attractive harvey keitel. this incredible film is not only passionate, it's almost surreal.
8. don't look now-while not an erotic thriller by longshot, "don't look now" features one of the most beautiful love scenes ever filmed between julie christie & donald sutherland. this scene alone rivals many of the scenes you are apt to see in ANY erotic thrillers.
9. blue velvet- i think i was watched this one when i was twelve. david lynch has an eye for eroticism which is clearly evident in the near-breathtaking scenes with kyle & isabella.
10. crash-this film is eerie & seductive but definately not for all tastes. very explicit & controversial. crash is unforgettable & DISTURBING. the sex scenes here are far more bizarre than i could've ever imagined in a mainstream film.
11. secretary-although not nearly as erotic or explicit as some i've mentioned, secretary is a slightly bent romantic tale of s & m for the mainstream viewer who is a bit uncomfortable with the topic of s & m. there is some eroticism here but relatively tame next to most of previous titles i've mentioned.
12. tie me up! tie me down!-a mental patient kidnaps his favorite ex-porn star in hopes she will fall in love with him. the scene between banderas & abril is wildly erotic & very sexy. a quirky, if not slightly twisted love story from madcap director almodovar. highly recommended!
13. the cook, the thief, his wife, & her lover-greenaway's controversial film in it's uncut glory. i love helen mirren & this is one of her best. most of the film's erotic scenes are brief but they are certainly provocative & have generated many heated deabtes or discussions. love it or hate it, the cook will be around for a long time!
14. the hunger-catherine deneuve & susan sarandon indulge in the sins of the flesh. sugar, spice, & everything nice!!! mind you, there is only one scene in which the two share this great intimacy but that should be enough to leave you shaking your heads in disbelief.
15. the lover-although a bit sluggish, this is indeed a very attractive film overall with some very sensual love scenes which are worth the price of the dvd.
16. henry & june-wonderful performances all-around from fred ward, uma thurman, & maria de medeiros. based on the diaries of anais nin. beautiful indeed.
there are three lesbian sex scenes here as well as aberrant sexual activity between fred ward & maria de medieros.
17. last tango in paris-brando turns up the heat in this classic drama. not to be missed! bertolucci at his very best. look for the scene which utlizes butter.
18. center of the world- molly parker is remarkable. very steamy & provocative but intelligient nonetheless. great job wayne wang! very hot scene involving a lollipop as well...
19. emmanuelle-although there are many imitations, none shall hold a candle to sylvia kristel classics which are worthy of much praise & still look great to this day. pick just about any sex scene from this film. you can't go wrong here.
20. in the realm of the senses-erotic but somewhat repulsive. one of oshima's most controversial works. madonna rates this one very highly if that should help.
the last scene which envolves body mutilation may not be very titilating but i guarantee you'll be turned on up until then.
ok, so now you've read my list. i am ready to embrace your comments, overall thoughts, or hear about the films that did it for you. if it turns you on, it may very well appeal to other people. don't be afraid to open up & share.