Syndication
 RSS Feeds
Old 04-19-2008
MatchFlick Senior Scholar

The Alpha Craig is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
Still, back to the subject, anyone want to hear my Alan Moore story?
Yes! Please do tell.
Old 05-17-2008

Midnight Butterfly will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetwood View Post
A Watchmen movie had in fact been attempted several times before Zach Snyder came along.
*Terry Gilliam tweaked with it back in the early 90s, but said it was too huge to be fit in a movie.
Man, that was what, twelve books? I should hope they wouldn't try to put it all in one. The Watchmen >whew<. That has like, Greatest Comic Book MovieS of All Time potential.
Old 05-17-2008

Lightbulb

Quote:
A Watchmen movie had in fact been attempted several times before Zach Snyder came along.
*Terry Gilliam tweaked with it back in the early 90s, but said it was too huge to be fit in a movie.
*Paul Greengrass was linked to it after the first Bourne, with Simon Pegg apparently strongly considered for Rorschach.
*Darren Aronofsky was attached around the time he struggled to have The Fountain made.
Yeah, that is all true. The Zach Snyder incarnation has been in the proverbial works since the success of Sin City and then built up steam with 300. It was the idea that a comic book movie could be made without appearing to be a typical (Spiderman, Fantastic Four, Superman Returns) superhero movie.

In a side note, I really feel like they should have tapped Jeffery Combs to play the part of Rorschach (he did after all provide the voice for The Question in the cartoon series "Justice League Unlimited " whom Rorschach was based on.) I am a huge fan of Combs (the actor not the hair grooming utensil) anyway so I am a bit biased. Incidentally, Billy Zane or Rufus Sewell should be Dr. Manhattan.
Old 05-17-2008

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Butterfly View Post
Man, that was what, twelve books? I should hope they wouldn't try to put it all in one. The Watchmen >whew<. That has like, Greatest Comic Book MovieS of All Time potential.
I think it will work. The Sin City movie, after all, is a series of multiple issue story arcs (The Hard Goodbye - issues #51-62, A Dame to Kill For, The Babe Wore Red and Other Stories, And Behind Door Number Three?, Silent Night, The Big Fat Kill = five issues November 1994–March 1995, That Yellow Bastard = published in February 1996 to July 1996 to name a few.) If you think that a single story line, 12 issue series is going to be difficult to adapt into a film script, just imagine how maddening it must have been to be involved with the writing, continuity, and editing staff for the Sin City script. I am sure they will leave out details, but I (as always) am going in with low expectations for this as I did with Sin City, Fantastic Four 2, Iron Man and 300.
Old 05-17-2008

Lightbulb

Quote:
Jeffrey Combs - Not a name that ever came to mind on my Rorschach wishlist, but quite an intriguing Idea nontheless; can't say I'm a big fan of Re-Animator movies, but Combs stole the show in Frighteners, and provided a vilain you just loved to hate on Deep Space 9. I still stick with my original choice of Seth Green though (a little young, but then again the story does span over a few years).

Rufus Sewel...hum...I'd see him more as the Comedian. Billy Zane, though, that would've been a stroke of genius - exactly the right demeanor, voice and buidfor Doc Manhattan. My own original choice was Jeffrey Donovan. BUT Billy Crudup has yet to show his real chomps, so we'll see.

My real beef is with Silk Spectre II and Night Owl. Can't say I had a name in mind for Laurie, but Malin Aikerman just doen't click. Patrick Wilson, I know little about, but he's absolutely not how I foresaw Dan Dreiberg. My dream casting would've been Bradley Whitford.

I Still remain objective however that Snyder can pull it off. So we'll wait and see, I guess.
I can't really think of anyone I would have play the Comedian. Night Owl two looks to be in better physical shape (in the cast promo photos) than he should consider that he had been retired for a few years when Watchmen took place. I could definitely see Seth Green as Rorschach if they made him look a little older. I liked the parts of Dark City where Sewel was very unemotional. That was what I thought of in terms of him being Manhattan. Zane would have been my prime choice though.
Old 06-12-2008
Junior Cadet

Firestarter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alpha Craig View Post
I can't really think of anyone I would have play the Comedian. Night Owl two looks to be in better physical shape (in the cast promo photos) than he should consider that he had been retired for a few years when Watchmen took place. I could definitely see Seth Green as Rorschach if they made him look a little older. I liked the parts of Dark City where Sewel was very unemotional. That was what I thought of in terms of him being Manhattan. Zane would have been my prime choice though.
The only thing that kind of bugged me a little about Nite Owl's costume is that it feels a bit too "modern". I would have rather seen him in something with a bit more of a "classic spandex" look to it. Nothing crazy, mind you - but it shouldn't look like cutting-edge body armor. Of course, Ozy's outfit is even worse about that, but for his character, it kind of fits - you'd expect Ozy to always have the most up-to-date stuff.
Old 06-12-2008

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
The only thing that kind of bugged me a little about Nite Owl's costume is that it feels a bit too "modern". I would have rather seen him in something with a bit more of a "classic spandex" look to it. Nothing crazy, mind you - but it shouldn't look like cutting-edge body armor. Of course, Ozy's outfit is even worse about that, but for his character, it kind of fits - you'd expect Ozy to always have the most up-to-date stuff.
That is one thing Snyder said he wanted to steer clear of. They are making the movie takes place in 1985 like the comic book, but they wanted people to see that the superheroes (besides Dr. Manhattan) were mortals that depended on skill as well as equipment that had to be state-of-the-art. If you go to the official web-site, there is a picture posted of The Minute Men and Owl-man's costume looks pretty old school. I was a bit thrown by the costumes, but I like them.
Old 05-19-2011
Junior Devotee

alies is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing!!!! It's pretty cool...