Left Header Right Header
Header 3a   Header Right End A Header Right End B Space
Header Left 3b
Movie Reviews Movie Trivia
FREE Membership MatchFlick Friday - Win Free DVDs






Member Login  [help]
 
 
 
 
 
Member Trends
 Top 10 List
 Exclusive Interviews
 Horror Club
 Zombie Club
Movie News
 Current News
 News Archives
Message Board
 Go To The Forum
Cool Statistics
 Member Stats
 Trivia Stats
Columns   [more]
 Have You Been Sp...
 But Can She Act?...
 They're Not The ...
 Time Does Fly Wh...
 Column Archives
Popular Movies  [more]
 World War Z
 Mission Impossible 4
 Twilight Breaking Dawn
Popular People  [more]
 Leonardo DiCaprio
 Megan Fox
 Tom Cruise
Membership
 Join for FREE
 FAQs
 About MatchFlick
 Privacy Policy
Contests
 Guess That Scene
Syndication
 RSS Feeds
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2008
Xavier's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 103
Rep Power: 13
Xavier is on a distinguished road
Talking Wouldn't like me when I'm....Reduxed (The Hulk)

Who seen the new Hulk trailer?

Thoughts?

I think Abomination looks rather tasty.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2008
The Alpha Craig's Avatar
MatchFlick Senior Scholar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 530
Rep Power: 15
The Alpha Craig is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up I think he looks cool.

I like the way Abomination looks personally. He looked cool, but let's face it, goofy in the comic book with those gills/fins/webbed ear looking things on his head. I doubt they could have made that look anything but cheesy on the big screen. I like the idea of his ribcage and other misc. bones protruding through his skin , almost like the sudden growth was more than his body could handle. It also reminds me of the guy in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen that over-dosed himself on Dr.Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde's formula.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2008
Zombie Boy's Avatar
Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 240
Rep Power: 13
Zombie Boy will become famous soon enough
Default

I haven't seen the trailer yet, but I've seen a few stills, and Hulk looks just as godawful stupid as it did in the first film. But now Banner is being played by Ed Norton, one of my least favorite fucking people in Hollywood, and I hold little hope for the film. The only shreds of hope I do have are that a) it is being directed by The Transporter guy, and not the poofy art film guy, and b) it can't be any worse than the first one. Can it?
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2008
The Muthafuckin' Hottness's Avatar
Senior Specialist
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 187
Rep Power: 13
The Muthafuckin' Hottness is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Boy View Post
I haven't seen the trailer yet, but I've seen a few stills, and Hulk looks just as godawful stupid as it did in the first film. But now Banner is being played by Ed Norton, one of my least favorite fucking people in Hollywood, and I hold little hope for the film. The only shreds of hope I do have are that a) it is being directed by The Transporter guy, and not the poofy art film guy, and b) it can't be any worse than the first one. Can it?
We can hope...

I haven't seen the trailer yet, but I'm hoping it will have more...just more...than the first one, because I kinda liked the first one, except it felt really empty to me...like there needed to be more to it...but what do I know?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2008
James's Avatar
Senior Chief
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 327
Rep Power: 14
James will become famous soon enough
Default

Norton, Hurt, and Roth. Sounds good to me.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2008
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
Whorfin is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alpha Craig View Post
I like the way Abomination looks personally. He looked cool, but let's face it, goofy in the comic book with those gills/fins/webbed ear looking things on his head. I doubt they could have made that look anything but cheesy on the big screen. I like the idea of his ribcage and other misc. bones protruding through his skin , almost like the sudden growth was more than his body could handle. It also reminds me of the guy in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen that over-dosed himself on Dr.Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde's formula.
Well since both characters will be completely CGI...they could make it look like anything they want.
They use that new fangled CGI stuff and rob us of the good old days where the Hulk was some giant muscled dude (you know...the one unable to wipe his butt) dipped in green #5.

I think it should be just like the comic rather than what they believe makes more sense....I mean he is called The Abomination after all, so why not give him all the weird stuff like in the comics.
I read the books because of the imagination and ability the writers and artists have and I get excited when one of the books I read gets picked up for movie time. To have it be made into what the first Hulk movie was and what the second is already showing signs of being as well just tweaks me...and not in that "ooo baby!" kinda way.

I also must point out that the Abomination has been made to look kinda Doomsday-ish...wouldn't you agree?

Last edited by Whorfin; 04-14-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2008
The Alpha Craig's Avatar
MatchFlick Senior Scholar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 530
Rep Power: 15
The Alpha Craig is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Boy View Post
I haven't seen the trailer yet, but I've seen a few stills, and Hulk looks just as godawful stupid as it did in the first film. But now Banner is being played by Ed Norton, one of my least favorite fucking people in Hollywood, and I hold little hope for the film. The only shreds of hope I do have are that a) it is being directed by The Transporter guy, and not the poofy art film guy, and b) it can't be any worse than the first one. Can it?
I think Hulk looks as close to the comic book as you are going to get at this point in time. I am not sure what people are expecting, but that is pretty much spot on with the comic book. Norton will be a better fit for the role than Bana ever could be, I think we can agree with that right? I agree that it will be better than the first movie, but in the same way Rise of the Silver Surfer was better than Fantastic Four.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Norton, Hurt, and Roth. Sounds good to me.
I agree, I don't see why it wouldn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whorfin View Post
Well since both characters will be completely CGI...they could make it look like anything they want.
They use that new fangled CGI stuff and rob us of the good old days where the Hulk was some giant muscled dude (you know...the one unable to wipe his butt) dipped in green #5.

I think it should be just like the comic rather than what they believe makes more sense....I mean he is called The Abomination after all, so why not give him all the weird stuff like in the comics.
I read the books because of the imagination and ability the writers and artists have and I get excited when one of the books I read gets picked up for movie time. To have it be made into what the first Hulk movie was and what the second is already showing signs of being as well just tweaks me...and not in that "ooo baby!" kinda way.

I also must point out that the Abomination has been made to look kinda Doomsday-ish...wouldn't you agree?
I love Lou Ferrigno for all he did, but I can't think of another guy who could pull it off in this day and age of CGI. Bill Goldberg maybe?

I think he does look a bit like Doomsday so it makes me wonder if DC is taking not of it.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-15-2008
AwesomeZara's Avatar
MatchFlick Senior Scholar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 14
AwesomeZara is on a distinguished road
Default New Poster

Now try and tell me they're not aiming to mimic the television show.


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-15-2008
Midnight Butterfly's Avatar
MatchFlick Senior Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 479
Rep Power: 14
Midnight Butterfly will become famous soon enough
Default

I don't know Z. That was pretty much the comic book, too. But the TV show does seem to have generated a certain amount of affection in the general public. Maybe.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-15-2008
AwesomeZara's Avatar
MatchFlick Senior Scholar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 14
AwesomeZara is on a distinguished road
Default

Oh, come on. Edward is clearly trying to call the spirit Bill Bixby into his body stance in that shot.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Worst Comic Book Adaptation Drexl Spivey Fantastic Forum 30 04-28-2008 02:07 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©2004-2017 MatchFlick®. All rights reserved.
Movie Images are Copyright Protected and the Property of Their Respective Owners
Web Analytics