Privacy Policy
Contests
 Guess That Scene
Syndication
 RSS Feeds
Old 04-13-2008
Aficionado

Zombie Boy will become famous soon enough

I disagree. I think that TV and direct-to-video count. For instance, the series of Spiderman TV movies in the '80s starring Nicholas Hammond. A little cheesy, sure, but I think they have a place in the pantheon of Spiderman vehicles. They certainly had a big impression on me as a kid.

The '90 Captain America was certainly a bag of shit, but I thought the Red Skull makeup was pretty cool.

As far as a new Captain America film, I think that the concept might ring a little jingoistic in the current cultural climate. They should use the Team America song, "Amercia: Fuck Yeah!" as the theme song
Old 04-13-2008
MatchFlick Senior Scholar

The Alpha Craig is on a distinguished road
Talking You know I am just busting on you right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Boy View Post
I disagree. I think that TV and direct-to-video count. For instance, the series of Spiderman TV movies in the '80s starring Nicholas Hammond. A little cheesy, sure, but I think they have a place in the pantheon of Spiderman vehicles. They certainly had a big impression on me as a kid.

The '90 Captain America was certainly a bag of shit, but I thought the Red Skull makeup was pretty cool.

As far as a new Captain America film, I think that the concept might ring a little jingoistic in the current cultural climate. They should use the Team America song, "America: Fuck Yeah!" as the theme song
Well I don't think they count in regards to my topic which is a new movie, not old movies/tv shows. Plus my definition of a motion picture is a movie produced for and premiered at a movie theater. That is just my interpretation which I should have clarified.

I think that the Civil War mirrors the Patriot Act quite well so if they were to incorporate that into a movie it would be very prevalent.
Old 04-14-2008

Xavier is on a distinguished road
Default Uh?

I do think his shield needs to have an inbuilt HD-DVD player installed.
Old 04-14-2008

Whorfin is on a distinguished road

I think a movie about Captain America alive and kicking, right now would be too soon after such a drastic change in the comic.
It would be like the first movie after the Star Trek: The Next Generation series came to an end...too soon for anyone to really be up for it.

I would be more up for a movie about Bucky as the Winter Solider...doing the jobs Captain America wouldn't.

As for the shield...that mother should have a DVD player AND a keg...that's how you defend a country.

Oh...and direct to DVD and made for TV movies count as far as I am concerned.
Being a credible addition shouldn't be based on the the size of the screen the movie is played on.
Old 04-14-2008

Thumbs up

It would have to be Steve Rogers. I think that the movie might make Marvel re-think keeping him dead in the comic books. This is why the time is right for the movie in my opinion: Batman Begins and Iron Man. Both of them are icon for their respective publishers and the fact that there is a script being written for a new Superman movies tells me that Marvel needs to match DC with a Captain America movie. Just a thought.
Old 04-22-2008

Midnight Butterfly will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alpha Craig View Post
It would have to be Steve Rogers. I think that the movie might make Marvel re-think keeping him dead in the comic books. This is why the time is right for the movie in my opinion: Batman Begins and Iron Man. Both of them are icon for their respective publishers and the fact that there is a script being written for a new Superman movies tells me that Marvel needs to match DC with a Captain America movie. Just a thought.
I think a Captain America movie is a great idea. The nature of his symbolism makes him always relevant. He doesn't have to be, shouldn't be, jingoistic. In the right hands it could be a great movie where the question "What is the definition of Patriot?" is asked while he's fighting the bad guys. Until he gets a decent treatment in a good movie the bad guy, in my mind has to be the Red Skull. He's a great bad guy, with a great back story and a great look. In the hands of a great actor he could really elevate a film.
Old 04-22-2008

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Butterfly View Post
I think a Captain America movie is a great idea. The nature of his symbolism makes him always relevant. He doesn't have to be, shouldn't be, jingoistic. In the right hands it could be a great movie where the question "What is the definition of Patriot?" is asked while he's fighting the bad guys. Until he gets a decent treatment in a good movie the bad guy, in my mind has to be the Red Skull. He's a great bad guy, with a great back story and a great look. In the hands of a great actor he could really elevate a film.
To go along the anti-jingoist theme, I think that Captain America should be viewed as a dinosaur. Not only in that he was frozen from World War 2, but his political views. Have him be very cut and dry in his beliefs. That would give him a chance to grow as a character, which is one of the ingredients to good story writing.
Old 05-19-2011
Junior Devotee

alies is on a distinguished road

Yes!!!! I agree with you guys... Thanks for sharing such an amazing link as well.