Left Header Right Header
Header 3a   Header Right End A Header Right End B Space
Header Left 3b
Movie Reviews Movie Trivia
FREE Membership MatchFlick Friday - Win Free DVDs






Member Login  [help]
 
 
 
 
 
Member Trends
 Top 10 List
 Exclusive Interviews
 Horror Club
 Zombie Club
Movie News
 Current News
 News Archives
Message Board
 Go To The Forum
Cool Statistics
 Member Stats
 Trivia Stats
Columns   [more]
 Have You Been Sp...
 But Can She Act?...
 They're Not The ...
 Time Does Fly Wh...
 Column Archives
Popular Movies  [more]
 World War Z
 Mission Impossible 4
 Twilight Breaking Dawn
Popular People  [more]
 Leonardo DiCaprio
 Megan Fox
 Tom Cruise
Membership
 Join for FREE
 FAQs
 About MatchFlick
 Privacy Policy
Contests
 Guess That Scene
Syndication
 RSS Feeds
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2008
Zombie Boy's Avatar
Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 240
Rep Power: 13
Zombie Boy will become famous soon enough
Default

I disagree. I think that TV and direct-to-video count. For instance, the series of Spiderman TV movies in the '80s starring Nicholas Hammond. A little cheesy, sure, but I think they have a place in the pantheon of Spiderman vehicles. They certainly had a big impression on me as a kid.

The '90 Captain America was certainly a bag of shit, but I thought the Red Skull makeup was pretty cool.

As far as a new Captain America film, I think that the concept might ring a little jingoistic in the current cultural climate. They should use the Team America song, "Amercia: Fuck Yeah!" as the theme song
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2008
The Alpha Craig's Avatar
MatchFlick Senior Scholar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 530
Rep Power: 15
The Alpha Craig is on a distinguished road
Talking You know I am just busting on you right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Boy View Post
I disagree. I think that TV and direct-to-video count. For instance, the series of Spiderman TV movies in the '80s starring Nicholas Hammond. A little cheesy, sure, but I think they have a place in the pantheon of Spiderman vehicles. They certainly had a big impression on me as a kid.

The '90 Captain America was certainly a bag of shit, but I thought the Red Skull makeup was pretty cool.

As far as a new Captain America film, I think that the concept might ring a little jingoistic in the current cultural climate. They should use the Team America song, "America: Fuck Yeah!" as the theme song
Well I don't think they count in regards to my topic which is a new movie, not old movies/tv shows. Plus my definition of a motion picture is a movie produced for and premiered at a movie theater. That is just my interpretation which I should have clarified.

I think that the Civil War mirrors the Patriot Act quite well so if they were to incorporate that into a movie it would be very prevalent.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2008
Xavier's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 103
Rep Power: 13
Xavier is on a distinguished road
Default Uh?

I do think his shield needs to have an inbuilt HD-DVD player installed.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2008
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
Whorfin is on a distinguished road
Default

I think a movie about Captain America alive and kicking, right now would be too soon after such a drastic change in the comic.
It would be like the first movie after the Star Trek: The Next Generation series came to an end...too soon for anyone to really be up for it.

I would be more up for a movie about Bucky as the Winter Solider...doing the jobs Captain America wouldn't.

As for the shield...that mother should have a DVD player AND a keg...that's how you defend a country.

Oh...and direct to DVD and made for TV movies count as far as I am concerned.
Being a credible addition shouldn't be based on the the size of the screen the movie is played on.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2008
The Alpha Craig's Avatar
MatchFlick Senior Scholar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 530
Rep Power: 15
The Alpha Craig is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

It would have to be Steve Rogers. I think that the movie might make Marvel re-think keeping him dead in the comic books. This is why the time is right for the movie in my opinion: Batman Begins and Iron Man. Both of them are icon for their respective publishers and the fact that there is a script being written for a new Superman movies tells me that Marvel needs to match DC with a Captain America movie. Just a thought.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2008
Midnight Butterfly's Avatar
MatchFlick Senior Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 479
Rep Power: 14
Midnight Butterfly will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alpha Craig View Post
It would have to be Steve Rogers. I think that the movie might make Marvel re-think keeping him dead in the comic books. This is why the time is right for the movie in my opinion: Batman Begins and Iron Man. Both of them are icon for their respective publishers and the fact that there is a script being written for a new Superman movies tells me that Marvel needs to match DC with a Captain America movie. Just a thought.
I think a Captain America movie is a great idea. The nature of his symbolism makes him always relevant. He doesn't have to be, shouldn't be, jingoistic. In the right hands it could be a great movie where the question "What is the definition of Patriot?" is asked while he's fighting the bad guys. Until he gets a decent treatment in a good movie the bad guy, in my mind has to be the Red Skull. He's a great bad guy, with a great back story and a great look. In the hands of a great actor he could really elevate a film.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2008
The Alpha Craig's Avatar
MatchFlick Senior Scholar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 530
Rep Power: 15
The Alpha Craig is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Butterfly View Post
I think a Captain America movie is a great idea. The nature of his symbolism makes him always relevant. He doesn't have to be, shouldn't be, jingoistic. In the right hands it could be a great movie where the question "What is the definition of Patriot?" is asked while he's fighting the bad guys. Until he gets a decent treatment in a good movie the bad guy, in my mind has to be the Red Skull. He's a great bad guy, with a great back story and a great look. In the hands of a great actor he could really elevate a film.
To go along the anti-jingoist theme, I think that Captain America should be viewed as a dinosaur. Not only in that he was frozen from World War 2, but his political views. Have him be very cut and dry in his beliefs. That would give him a chance to grow as a character, which is one of the ingredients to good story writing.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2011
Junior Devotee
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10
Rep Power: 0
alies is on a distinguished road
Default

Yes!!!! I agree with you guys... Thanks for sharing such an amazing link as well.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The next Superhero team movie. The Alpha Craig Fantastic Forum 5 05-19-2011 01:41 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©2004-2017 MatchFlick®. All rights reserved.
Movie Images are Copyright Protected and the Property of Their Respective Owners
Web Analytics